Thursday, January 27, 2011

NEW YEAR 2011

I celebrated the NEW YEAR in NEW York City. I thought about my New Year's Resolutions. I made one: to LEARN LETTERPRESS. Then the deadlines and travels came in waves and my to-do list overwhelmed my perspective a bit. This week I am settling in, surrounded by snow, to work and to envision this year in work. Here are some images that inspire my percolating ideas:

CORRESPONDENCE & TYPOGRAPHY



MAPS THAT INCORPORATE VIEWS & ARCHITECTURAL DRAWINGS



ANALYTIQUE

So, in addition to learning the art of LETTERPRESS, I want to make Architectural and Map Drawings that combine and shift views, continuing the From the Birds Eye series to include Streetscapes and Cityscapes in: Savannah, Brooklyn, Alexandria, Georgetown, Detroit, Maine, and Frederick MD. I want to make Geneological Charts and Drawings. I want to use Typography in unique ways to design Stationery. I am ready to start the NEW YEAR!

No comments: