Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Exploring STAUNTON Virginia

The sun woke me up this morning on a holiday. So I chased it around downtown Staunton, from the churches of Frederick Street to the Shopfronts of Beverley Street.
Worthington Hardware; Gooch & Hoge Building & Masonic Building. 10 block Beverley Street.
View west down Beverley Street (at Market Street.)
made [By the People; For the People]. new shop on Beverley Street selling AMERICAN-made goods. Can't wait to visit!
Clocktower Building (old YMCA), Gooch & Hoge, Masonic Building. Beverley Street.
National Valley Bank, Beverley Street. T.J. Collins, Architect.
Warehouses facing the Railroad Depot, Middlebrook Avenue.
Watching trains from the newly refurbished Sears Hill Bridge.
View over Staunton from Sears Hill on the Sears Hill Bridge Day, April 2013.
Flowers are always in season at the flower lady's house on Beverley Street. (click larger)
Thanks for sharing some of my favorite places in Staunton. I'm beginning to draw now...keep in touch to see which of my favorite sites I draw this week. Hope you like!

No comments: