Tuesday, March 2, 2010

President Obama Visits Savannah

It's not every day that the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES comes to Savannah.
But it happened today!
Too bad it was a very dreary day. Savannah wasn't shining her best.

I noticed the police cars and traffic blockade and crowds gathering on Whitaker Street at Taylor as I walked back to the office from lunch. The owner and the maintenance man at the Inn clued me in that the President was in the neighborhood for lunch at Mrs. Wilkes' Boarding House. We set out for a meeting but only made it one block before we were stalled in the confused traffic so we parked at Wayne Street and watched with the crowd at the yellow tape.

Luckily, our timing was perfect. We waited a few minutes, and the motorcade came flying through. As you can see from the photos, they were going fast! However, I saw the smiling face of President Obama, waving as he passed us - and I missed the photo op (He was in the rear seat of the limo in the last photo.) I was too excited. I took my eye to the street rather than the camera. We were surprised at how exciting it was to see the president!

more photos HERE.

No comments: