Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Patrick's Day: after

My St. Patrick's Day reporting is limited to the small sphere which I occupy on my normal walking route, so the epicenter of green paraphernalia (and general carrousing) on River Street is a whole 'nother story. I was expecting more trash but only found the ubiquitous green feathers littering the streets and some plastic cups - and a bit of green silly string. The tourists are all still wearing green! They've been wearing green for the past two weeks. These folks must have entire wardrobes of kelly green.The DAY, March 17 that is, was cold and rainy. No point taking photos. The City must have cleaned up quite efficiently for the walk to be picturesque today.

What about the parade and celebration? I am embarrassed to admit that I heard the bagpipes and drums from my bedroom (which is on the parade route), from under my quilt. I was up all night working until parade time when the tired really hit me. Past parade favorites HERE.

No comments: