Tuesday, March 3, 2009

10 BLOCK West Jones Street

click image to view larger

Brrr. Cold snap in Savannah. I just took a brisk walk to verify these tricky chimneys before I finalized the stitched-together streetscape for the 10 Block of West Jones Street. The streetlights shone brilliantly on me, but they did nothing for the buildings, as I stood in the middle of the brick street and tried to see into the darkness above the rooflines. I'll have to check one more time in the daylight.

I like this block for it's unfinished/deteriorated nature: Three Great Buildings and asphaldt lots on the corners. Eichberg's centerpiece cannot be overlooked.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So when will you be drawing my block? Let me know!

Kirsten Sparenborg Brinton said...

Hmmm...Volume 3, Gordon Street? 2010? Melissa will be the first to know.