Monday, October 12, 2009

The Conspirator

Well, I reckon I'm not the only one blogging about the filming of The Conspirator in Savannah this month. The Robert Redford movie tells the story of Mary Surratt who was hanged after she was convicted of being part of the plot to assassinate President Lincoln. Mary Surratt is played by Robin Wright Penn who played Jenny in Forrest Gump, another Savannah film. The smoke machine and Julio's truck at right.Smoke machine in action.tourists with cameras flood the scene after the barricades come down.
parking meter camouflaged. The house under bright lights across the square is where the action is.

I never intended to follow the action, but it came to me today! I took these shots from my desk at work, out the window onto the staging area at Gordon Street and Chatham Square.

No comments: